For electrical and fire safety in North Geelong VIC 3125, call Jim’s Test and Tag on 131 546.
Why Test and Tag?
Test and tag services ensure the safety of people and your property. Having workplace electrical equipment tested regularly will detect any faults. This will minimise the risk of electrical hazards that can cause injury or fire. It will also help your business stay compliant with health and safety obligations. For some industries, like the construction, demolition, and mining industries, it’s a legal requirement to test and tag equipment. However, implementing safety measures is good practice for all businesses and public facilities. Contact Jim’s Test and Tag in North Geelong to protect your staff and property.
What to Test and Tag, and When?
Your Jim’s Test and Tag technician in North Geelong can accurately advise you on what items need testing and tagging in your workplace. Most electrical risks occur when using portable equipment. This includes computers, power tools, extension leads, and kitchen appliances. A general guide is, if the device plugs into a socket, it should be tested and tagged. Safety switches and Residual Current Devices (RCDs) should also be routinely checked. As for the frequency of your test and tag service, it depends on the working environment. Talk to your Jim’s Test and Tag technician to arrange a testing schedule relevant to your workplace.
Test and Tag & Fire Safety for North Geelong
Did you know, Jim’s Test and Tag also incorporates Jim’s Fire Safety? We’re now your one-stop safety solution, making it easier than ever to remain compliant with workplace safety. Here’s our list of test and tag and fire safety services for North Geelong and surrounding areas:
- Electrical Risk Assessment – find and manage electrical risks in your workplace.
- PAT Testing – have your portable electrical equipment tested regularly.
- Earth Safety Testing – ensure circuit breakers will function when they need to.
- Electrical Testing – inspection, testing, tagging, and detailed reporting.
- RCD Testing – ensure safety switches work correctly to prevent accidents.
- Data Management – safe keeping of your test and tag service reports.
- Microwave Testing – test and check for radiation leaks and electrical output.
- Emergency and Exit Light Testing – an essential safety measure to stay compliant.
- Fire Equipment Services – inspection and servicing of fire safety equipment.
- Fire Extinguisher Testing – pressure testing and checking for cracks and corrosion.
- Fire Protection Testing – fire safety advice, testing, servicing, and reporting.
- First Aid Kits – first aid kits and signs suitable for your specific workplace.
We also provide a free reminder service. We’ll let you know when your next test and tag and fire safety service is due. Protect your staff and workplace from electrical hazards. Contact Jim’s Test and Tag in North Geelong on 131 546 or request a quote online.