For electrical and fire safety in the Huon Valley Tasmania, call Jim’s Test and Tag on 131 546.
Why Jim’s Test and Tag?
Protect staff, visitors, and property in the Huon Valley with Jim’s Test and Tag. Testing and tagging your electrical equipment identifies faults, reducing the risk of injuries and fire. It’s an important safety measure, a responsibility best left to trusted professionals. Jim’s Test and Tag technicians receive comprehensive training and are fully qualified. We exceed AS/NZ safety standards, use sophisticated testing equipment, and have one of the best reporting systems on the market. With Jim’s Test and Tag, you can feel confident your safety is in good hands.
What to Test and Tag and When?
Knowing what equipment to test and tag, and at what intervals, varies. It depends on the type of equipment and your workplace, building, or facility. Areas referred to as ‘hostile operating environments’ require more frequent testing. This is where electrical appliances are exposed to moisture, heat, dust, chemicals, or overuse. Other settings, such as a server room, require less frequent testing. Your Jim’s Test and Tag technician in the Huon Valley can let you know what’s best for your workplace.
Test and Tag & Fire Safety for the Huon Valley
Fire protection is another essential safety measure to protect staff and visitors. Jim’s Test and Tag now incorporates Jim’s Fire Safety. We offer a full suite of services. Making it easier to meet all your safety obligations—in one convenient visit from Jim’s Test and Tag.
- Electrical Risk Assessment – detect and assess electrical risks in the workplace.
- PAT Testing – testing of all types of portable electrical equipment.
- Earth Safety Testing – a mandatory part of regular electrical safety checks.
- Electrical Testing – for all workplaces, commercial buildings, and public facilities.
- RCD Testing – safety switches must be tested regularly to prevent shocks and fire.
- Data Management – a convenient way to store your test and tag service reports.
- Microwave Testing – inspect and test for any harmful radiation leaks.
- Emergency and Exit Light Testing – ensure a clear exit path in an emergency.
- Fire Equipment Services – smoke alarms, fire hoses, fire blankets, fire extinguishers.
- Fire Extinguisher Testing – remain compliant with Australian Standard AS1851.
- Fire Protection Testing – inspecting, testing, and maintenance of fire equipment.
- First Aid Kits – first aid kits and supplies for your workplace, vehicle, and boat.
For your records, Jim’s Test and Tag provides detailed reports on all testing and risk assessments. If you like, we can store these documents for you as part of our data management service. Also, take advantage of our free reminder service. Don’t worry if you forget when your next test and tag service is due—we’ll remind you.