A new year means a new safe start. Now is a great time to create and maintain the safety of your work environment. At Jim’s Test & Tag we know it can be a challenge and a major commitment to get started, with this in mind we put together a simple workplace safety checklist that can help you start the New Year safe. Here are some questions you should be asking yourself.
- Are the walking surfaces clear of any obstructions?
- Are emergency lights clearly identifiable and lighted?
- Are exist lights operable?
- Do you have an emergency exit plan developed and displayed?
Fire Safety – Extinguishers
- Are the correct type of extinguishers placed in the appropriate locations?
- Have your extinguishers been serviced according to the Australian Workplace Standards?
Fire Safety – Blankets
- Are the correct type of fire blankets placed in the appropriate locations?
- Have your blankets been serviced according to the Australian Workplace Standards?
Fire Safety – Electrical
- Are leads organised in an orderly and acceptable manner so no one is at risk of being injured?
- Are electrical leads in proper working order, no fraying or damage?
- Electrical cords have been tested and tagged in the last 12 months?
- Have your power points and electrical installations been checked for Earth Fault Loop Impedance?
- Have you had your microwave tested for radiation leakage?
Jim’s Test & Tag are dedicated and ready to help you safeguard your workplace. This involves regular inspections, testing and maintenance of fire safety equipment and electrical installations. If you want your workplace to be safer when it comes to precautionary methods, we are ready to help.
Call us on 131 546 to organise for us to visit your workplace.