Fire Equipment Services
Are You Looking For Expert Fire Equipment Services?
If so, then you have come to the right place. At Jim’s Test And Tag, ensuring safety at work and at home is our top priority. Our team of dedicated and thorough technicians has been inspecting equipment and delivering peace of mind to customers all over Australia for more than ten years. We have become the number one brand for inspecting and maintaining occupational health and safety. If you operate a business of any size, then you must provide adequate protection against an outbreak of fire in the form of fire extinguishers, fire blankets, smoke detectors or fire hose reels. However, it is not enough to have these pieces of safety equipment on display in your building; they must also be kept in proper working order to mitigate against the outbreak of fire. That is where we come in; our technicians can assess the conditions of your fire equipment and determine whether it is fit for purpose or should be refilled or replaced.
Call us today to organise a specialist to visit your workplace.Read More
The Importance Of Fire Equipment Inspection
Australian Standard AS1851 dictates that all portable and wheeled fire extinguishers need to be tested every 6 months and that all pressure testing and refills should be carried out at least once every 5 years.
There are a number of reasons why fire equipment must be checked regularly:
- Routine inspection of fire equipment best prepares you for a fire emergency and enables you to respond quickly in such an event. This helps reduce property damage, avoid injuries, and save lives. Each building carries some degree of fire risk.
- Inspecting fire equipment can identify risks that might have been overlooked, or highlight new risks that may have developed over time. For example; an electrical closet might be misused as a storage closet, which increases the risk of an electrical fire.
- Since there are different types of fires that can occur, there are different types of extinguishers to fight against them. Inspections are necessary to ensure that the correct extinguisher is in place to battle the most likely type of fire in a given area.
- Smoke alarms and other equipment may need to be updated or repaired. An inspection can help identify outdated equipment and improve fire safety.
- There are penalties for non-compliance with Australian Standards. It is important for your location to be fully compliant in order to avoid these penalties, which can include fines or imprisonment. A fire equipment inspection helps find areas that need to be brought into compliance.
After each successful inspection, we affix your equipment with a tag that details its condition and shows who tested it, when testing took place and when it should next be checked. All of our tags are custom printed so that the information will not degrade through wear and tear.
If You Need Something Done, Jim’s The One!
When it comes to fire safety, there is no acceptable reason to compromise on readiness. Investing in quality fire equipment services like Jim’s Test And Tag could be the difference between a small outbreak of fire that is easily brought under control or a terrible incident that causes widespread structural and human damage. Getting your equipment checked today is quick, easy, inexpensive and a potential lifesaver. More importantly, it affords you the utmost peace of mind that you and those under your care are safe in the unlikely event of a fire, and that is something you can’t put a price on. You can find testimonials from our many satisfied customers on our website which give a sense of the dedication and professionalism we bring to our work. While you are there why not get in touch with us for a free quote on your next safety inspection. There’s no obligation to book or buy; we’ll simply give you an unbeatable price and talk you through our process. If you have any queries or concerns then just let us know, we are always happy to help. So what are you waiting for? Give us a call and let us put your concerns to bed.Read Less