Microwaves can be found in every home and almost every office lunch room. So it is important to consider the harm your microwave may be causing to your family and employees.
Why are microwaves harmful?
Microwaves are used for heating and cooking your food. Sounds safe and convenient. However, how the microwave does this can be a potential domestic hazard.
Whenever a microwave oven is turned on, radiation energy is produced causing the water in food to vibrate rapidly. The energy produced by a microwave oven can also penetrate through living tissue which is why exposure is harmful to our health.
Extended radiation exposure can cause serious harm to a person’s health, and electrical instability can easily lead to sudden injury or death. This alone, should highlight that your workplace microwave should be professionally checked out by a knowledgeable service provider.
How Does a Microwave Become Harmful?
Unsafe microwaves exist because dirt and food particles get caught in the seals due to not being cleaned regularly. Other issues are general wear and tear of a microwave which may make it malfunction unexpectedly. All these things are causes of an unsafe home and workplace.
Everyday practices and habits like slamming the microwave door can be causing you harm.
With small gaps in the microwave door seals, invisible but dangerous microwaves leak through the small spaces and cause irreversible damage.
Getting a Microwave Tested.
Jim’s Test & Tag want to protect you from harmful radiation exposure so it is vital to get your microwave tested to ensure it is operating within the limits stipulated in AS/NZS 60335.2.25.
To ensure total safety when it comes to your microwave, we do the following:
- Test for radiation leakage
- Electrically test and tag the appliance
- Ensure the appliance is OHS complaint
Call up Jim’s Test & Tag on 131 546 to get your microwave tested.