Are you looking for a career change? Why not join the test and tag business? At Jim’s Test & Tag, we are pioneers in the electrical testing and tagging industry. We welcome all of our new franchisees with thorough technical training and ongoing support. If you’re thinking about a career in electrical safety and risk assessment, read on!
We have a bunch of useful information for prospective franchisees as well as testimonials from our existing team members. Your journey starts here.
The Benefits of our Business
If you choose a career in testing and tagging, you could have access to the following range of benefits:
- Financial reward – Don McInnes (regional franchisor NSW) has experienced, first hand, the financial benefits of a test and tag business. “Seeing others achieve the goals & dreams through owning a Jim’s Test & Tag Franchise” has been the most satisfying part of Donne’s career with us. Donne himself has been able to build his own home and purchase a number of wish list items.
- Flexibility – Brett Godfrey (regional franchisor Newcastle & Central Coast) said the main benefit of working with Jim’s has been the extra time spent with friends and family. With added flexibility, our franchisees/franchisors can define a working week that suits them. This means that you can work around personal obligations and events with ease.
- Friendly clients – Our local test and tag technicians enjoy the ongoing relationships they form with clients. As a small business owner, you can choose who you want to work with. Find value in a friendly interaction on a daily basis with your own independent business.
What does it take to become a Jim’s Franchise?
If you want to become a successful test and tag franchise owner, you should possess the following qualities:
- Passion – According to Paul Kelly, our Victorian regional franchisor, passion is one of the most important qualities our test and tag technicians possess. “If you love what you do and dealing with people, it’s easier to get out the door in the morning” says Paul. You don’t need to be the most experienced or knowledgeable about safety inspection and testing, you just need to care. If you’re excited by the industry and independence a position with us could give you, get in touch today.
- Positivity – At Jim’s Test & Tag, positivity is key. You need to have a good attitude in order to build a long-lasting relationship with your clients. The bread and butter for our franchisees is recurring clientele. With a positive attitude, you can enjoy your work and encourage clients to feel the same way.
- Technical Knowledge – In order to be successful in the test and tag business, you need to have a wealth of technical knowledge. It doesn’t matter if your existing knowledge base is vast or small – we have a supportive program that ensures every safety testing franchisee has access to the training they need. Empower yourself today.
- Communication – liaising with clients is important, but so is connecting with your team. If you aim to be a franchisor, you will be responsible for your local franchisees. It’s important that franchisees and franchisors have a policy of clear communication for the benefit of clients and staff members.
Franchise Industry Boom
It’s normal to have reservations about a new line of work, but the evidence is clear – the franchising industry is booming. When you compare growth in the Australian franchising sector with previously dominant workforces, such as car manufacturing or mining, you can see that independence sells. You don’t have to leave the control of your career in the hands of big business. Form connections with local clients and reap the benefits.
According to the franchising council of Australia, the annual sales revenue in the franchise sector has grown by 2 billion dollars over the last two years. A test and tag business will give you a step into this successful sector with the support of a trusted national brand. The Jim’s Group is known for its expansive reach across Australia, offering a quality range of services to a diverse group of clients. No two days are the same with a franchise and personal set of clients.
The safety industry is a sure investment. According to the IBISWorld industry report, there is plenty of room for small businesses to provide services for local clients. This lucrative industry is essential in Australia – take the opportunity to provide essential safety services to businesses in your area.